Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Assembely or PICBasic?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amindzo

Hi, i work with pic microcontrollers and i use picbasic but i think there is some problems in picbasic in executing some programs and i can't use it in every area
so i decided to learn assembely. do you agree with me? is assembely the best langauge?

hi,
Which PIC types are you using.?

amindzo said:
Hi, i work with pic microcontrollers and i use picbasic but i think there is some problems in picbasic in executing some programs and i can't use it in every area
so i decided to learn assembely. do you agree with me? is assembely the best langauge?
There is a time and place for all the languages. There may be a best language to use for a given project but in the general sense there is no best language.

You need to be more specific regarding the processor, the project, and yourself.

When it comes to languages it best to allow freedom of choice and allow everyone make up their own mind.

I would say learn some assembly first its truely not that difficult. Once you learn assembly you can use other languages. After assembly lets say you learn c or basic. I believe that they both come with a _asm type command allowing you to enter asm code into your project. so asm would be a more wide spread compiler

I use PIC16F88A,PIC16F873A,PIC16F877A. i learnt aliittle assembely then i used PICbBASIC to do many project. Important one was wireless weather station. i think it's time to learn assembely. i think it's better than basic or c but it's very hard.

The one advantage you will get if you learn assembler is that you will write better basic. Learning assembler will give you a greater understanding of what the compiler will likely do.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back