Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ASK modulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngIntoHW

Could someone please explain what is the last block for in the below block diagram of ASK modulator?

**broken link removed**

It looks like a mistake. It says A/D, but I think it's an digital to analog converter.

The channel's output must be analog, and the receiver's filter - Hr(f) - can't turn an analog signal into digital, so I believe the converter is indeed analog to digital.

This link explains in some detail ASK (Amplitude Shift Keying) and will likely make your head hurt. The last stage is an A/D converter that outputs the binary sequence. A Google of Amplitude Shift Keying should bring up more information.

Ron

Ok, I got fooled by the 4-ary signal representation, which I interpreted as a quantized analog signal.

I read it, then read it again. Then took two aspirin and opened a beer. I think in the original drawing it is a little misleading as the final signal looks to be the output of a D/A right down to the step increments. That was my take anyway, then came Google. :)

Ron

Hi Ron.

Thanks for the help.

The PDF you attached here has no info about this last block in the diagram.
The PDF shows nothing after the ADC.

I believe the last block in your drawing represents the A/D output sequence. I am not sure because of the way it is drawn. This isn't quite my forte. :)

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back