Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Asic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi , i want to learn ASIC and analog chip design , i've studied two courses on VHDL , but never worked practically , also i wanna know the tools that use in industry , i heard synposy and cadence , are there any books that teach me how to use these tools on my own ? the problem is there are no companies her in egypt that work in this field , and there is two companies but freezed hiring and also want an experience engineer .

Do you have access to the software to practice on even if you had the book? THat software is ultra expensive.

No , not really :( , but i may try to get a copy of it , and will try to go to the two companies and borrow the software , but i need the guide first !

There is no real pathway to ASIC design through a book. You have to learn it by doing it on the EDA tools you intend to use. Every toolset is different, just like every silicon fab is different.

Last time I did this I think it was Cadence on an Apollo Work Station, but that was almost 20 yrs. ago when 2 microns was an impressively small feature size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back