Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Artificial horizon indicator for RC airplanes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technowanabee

Recently I saw an Electronic Flight Information System (EFIS) for full size aircraft which uses a Compac iPac for its display-including the AHI. I would like to attempt creating just the AI which -I think- is reading two axis, pitch and roll. The Futaba PA1, or 2, autopilot senses movement about these axis and sends a signal to the aileron or elevator to correct to level flight. If you took these 2 signals and sent them to..........? Could this be turned into such an instrument. Why? to observe movement when flying with a video TX. With my GPS and Video Display Overlay, I get airspeed. lat/lon, altitude, and direction. Any thoughts? Thanks. Bill

Check out these Dual Axis Accelerometers from analog devices.They are very small(5mmx5mm) and relatively cheap.They can accurately measure static acceleration on two axes(pitch and roll).

With analog ouptut:

**broken link removed**

with PWM output:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back