Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Article on sound processing storage and reproduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

genman4

Hello Experts, I wrote this to enlighten and encourage readers out there. Please read through, and feel free to leave your comments.
**broken link removed**

Warning

Suddenly I have new "features" in my browser and pop-up blocking is disabled.

Earlier I warned that I thought this page hacked something. But I found no actual virus. We'll never know exactly what happened (or even which page did it)..

[update: ] no virus found, damage apparently is confined to firefox plug-in which I removed.

Last edited:
Immediately upon visiting **broken link removed** my machine began to display pop ups. Firefox became unstable and I closed it and restarted it. While restarting it said I had a new plug-in feature that they say is unstable and needs to be uninstalled. I have the strongest setting of pop up blocker, I never see pop ups.

Something changed all this, at the same time I visited the page.

Aw crap, I went to the link too. No weird behavior though. Guess I will have to run a scan now just in case.

Maybe one of the advertisers on that web service is doing something tricky to get around pop up blocking. Maybe the hosting site was hacked.

[update] My virus scan finally completed. There were no infected files, so apparently all that somebody did was override some privacy settings. Have had no more strange behavior since finishing the scan. I'll go over the complete setup tomorrow when I'm not so tired.

Last edited:
Well, the article was plagiarized as Blue pointed out so it is no surprise I guess. Pitty that we have to create castles around everything we do these days.

Immediately upon visiting **broken link removed** my machine began to display pop ups. Firefox became unstable and I closed it and restarted it. While restarting it said I had a new plug-in feature that they say is unstable and needs to be uninstalled. I have the strongest setting of pop up blocker, I never see pop ups.

Something changed all this, at the same time I visited the page.

I also have protection settings on my computer at the highest.
Visited that site severally, not noticed any malfunction.

This link is posted in other forums, though this is the first complain of such.

Are you really sure the malware invaded your system through that page?

No, not sure it was that page. All I have to go on is the timing. It was when there was a sudden appearance of pop up ads at that same moment. Certainly another page could have left something behind that took some time to activate. I found no actual virus, and firefox no longer claims that I have that plug-in. I wish I had written its name down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back