Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ARRL books

Status
Not open for further replies.

froten

Hello All,

I'm looking for ARRL radio communication books issues 1960s, 1970s & 1980s. I need to get some information about some basic radio circuits without ICs.

Any help or link is greatly appreciated.

Hello All,

I'm looking for ARRL radio communication books issues 1960s, 1970s & 1980s. I need to get some information about some basic radio circuits without ICs.

Any help or link is greatly appreciated.

I have a 1968 ARRL Handbook.
I could look up if I knew what information you are looking for.

I'm mainly looking for the methods to stabilize the tuned amplifier circuits, specially IF stages at 455KHz.

PatM, can you upload it to some file hosting website so I can download it?

The book is about 700 pages.
Also copyrighted
Not something to scan.
I'll have a look and see if I can find what you are looking for.

I'm mainly looking for the methods to stabilize the tuned amplifier circuits, specially IF stages at 455KHz.

For IF circuits, this is all I can find:
"When two or more stages are used the high gain may tend to cause instability and oscillation, so that good shielding, bypassing and careful circuit arrangement to prevent stray coupling between input and output circuits are necessary.
When vacuum tubes are used, the plate and grid leads should be well separated. With tubes it is advisable to mount the screen bypass capacitor directly on the bottom of the socket, crosswise between the plate and grid pins, to provide additional shielding. As a further precaution against capacitive coupling, the grid and plate leads should be "dressed " close to the chassis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back