Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ARM vs PIC vs AVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

gondu

hi to all
i want to selct best
so please contribute your knowladge about advantages and disadvantages of each one

They are all best. None of the them are the best.

For a given app one specific chip from one maker may work best but THERE IS NO BEST BRAND. Most make a chip for most any app.

:)

EDIT: I use PICs so I know the most about them. Microchip makes a lot of different micro controllers for little 8 pin wonders to 32 bit demons.

You queston should be how can I choose between them. In the ends it comes down to what tools/software you can aquire and what sort of support you can get while learning. We do a lot of support for people learning PIC here. We do some AVR but it is much better on AVR Freaks.

Last edited:
I love these posts. They come up every 2-3 weeks, or when someone gets bored. The OP's never do join any sort of debate, because the proposition is ridiculous. They wait, and are entertained, as the fur fly's in some sort of microcontroller dust-up.

gondu vi PM to me said:
i am new in the field of advanced microcontroller
i want to study pic controllers
please tell which pic controller i should study and perform some practicals on it

That is a much better question.

Bill has created a PIC2/tutor clone called the Junebug. Along with the programmer it has a PIC18F1320 target with switches, leds etc. I use it in my class.

You can buy the Junebug assembled or as a kit **broken link removed**. Or you can build one from the schematics found in the assembly manual from BlueroomElectronics .

You can use the free MPLAB and C18 student compiler or the SwordFish Basic compiler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gondu vi PM to me
i am new in the field of advanced microcontroller
i want to study pic controllers
please tell which pic controller i should study and perform some practicals on it
That is a much better question.
I apologize, second try is a charm. My faith in mankind is restored:eek:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back