Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ARM reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

faraday

hi all
i wanna begin learning work with ARM microcontrollers, please introduce me some good references :)

Never had a reference for any microcontroller myself other than just internet lookups. Do you have any experience with any other microcontroller as a starter? It's kinda tough to get into ARM right off the bat and Cortex-M3/M0 is only one step up from a more advanced 8 bit so if you are starting off all together, I think it would be best to go with an 8bit first.

I would imagine most references that you can buy would be more centered around the core and instruction set as every manufacturer has its own peripheral set.

I have done some simple projects with AVR microcontrollers.

For a university class, we bought the STM32F100RB discovery board and are using the free Keil uVision4 as an IDE. For resources we are using "The Definitive Guide to the ARM Cortex-M3" by Joseph Yiu (can probably be found online illegally) and referring to the STM32F100 Reference Manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back