Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

are you left or right handed

left or right ?

• Left handed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • right handd

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you started this. Interesting fact is that in my electronics class, over half the people are left handed. I am myself. Seeing as its generally 1 in 10 people that are, its quite odd to have 60% or so in such a specific area of study.

I am both but there is certain things I do with the left and with the right.
I write with my right and I use scissors with my left and I play the guitar with my left but now I do everything with my left because I broke my right hand 3 days ago.

well i mainly write with my left hand for most stuff i actually use my right but... is that because i was automatically trained to use my right copied others or was naturally right. writing is much more complex hence is difficuklt to just "pick up2 u r L or R in that

I am left handed and have always used a mouse in my left hand.

My kids are all right handed but as the mouse was always on the left of the keyboard they are unable to use it right handed.

I work in telecoms about 70% of us are left handed.

When I play racket sports I am unable to do a backhand in any hand but have to swap the racket from hand to hand to play a forehand(I prefer to play with 2 rackets).

I'm a lefty. but i use the mouse in my right without a problem. I think its from all of those video games when I was younger.

I'm trying to to be left handed at the moment. This way I can swap hands on the task no matter what. Ive tried forcing myself to use chopsticks in my left hand, brush my teeth.

IF your both handed the term is ambidextrous. That is my long term as of now.

Yeah, I would say i'm left handed, but I do use scissors with my right hand, use the mouse on the right hand side, and although I have my drumkit set up left handed, I still use the right hand for hi-hat as an ordinary right handed drummer would. I also play keyboards in the normal way, though its hard to imagine doing it any other way, what would you do, cross your hands over all the time :lol: :?:

I am right handed, but "left eyed". I never knew there was such a thing until an optician pointed it out to me.

The test for right/left eyed is:
With both eyes open, point at a distant object.
Close your eyes, one at a time, and see which one has the finger lined up with the distant object.

For me it is the left eye, 100% of the time.

On a slightly different theme, I had a parrot which was left handed. Whenever it held something to eat, it was always with the right hand(foot?). My wifes parrot however is right handed.

JimB

well actually i am principally asking about what hand u write with i also do many things with the "proper" hand but as these other thing are less complex perhaps they are picked up on one hand or the other according to habbit or what u were first shown

In concrete, you have to pound in a ton of stakes with an 8lb sledgehammer. I always do it with my right hand, but it gets tired so I tried my left, I'll never do that again because I smashed my finger between the stake and the handle and ive got a nice gash to prove it :lol:

LOL, that was funny

When I was smaller, I wanted to cut a piece of wire with a hatchet. The wire was attached to a wooden shed that I was holding on to with my left hand. And when I tried to cut the wire, I missed and almost cut my thumb off. Luckilly I only cut a part of my finger-nail, that grew back again.

This was pretty dumb of me. :lol: :p

well not relevant to left or right but i was stupid enough to put my right index finger in the mecanism of the sheet feeder in the printing press at work
was luky i only squashed the side of it and did not crush the bone as well - I moved in time :lol:

yuk don't remind me i fear i am going to dream of the conseguences i nearly suffered - especially when i look at the particular par i put my finger in - a 1.5 KW motor with a couple of hudred Kg of rollers and cylinders in motion stops at nothing i dare god to put his finger in it and survive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back