Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Arduino turning a knob left and right with Digital PWM

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthRT

Hey all i am trying to find a way in order to turn an car amp's bass level knob left and right using an arduino's Digital PWM pin. I am thinking that a stepper motor would be the correct motor to use in order to do this or no?

Also, would there be a better fitting motor to do what i am looking to do without much needed modifications to the bass level knob in order to attach it to the motor to turn it?

The bass knob looks like this:
Apj34.jpg

Any insight would be great!

Last edited:
Do you have to physically turn the knob with some form of rotary means, or can you remove the knob/pot and replicate the signal from the wiper pin?

You can buy motorised pots, they are a bit pricey and not that common.
A digital pot ic is a chip with a virtual pot inside, you send the ic commands and it moves its virtual wiper, this would be and indeed is a typical way of doing what you need.
Some d to a chips can do the same thing.
Using common parts you could use a rc servo and a bracket to hold it.

Have a look here and see if this will do what you need:
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back