Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

arduino shield with magnetometer,clock,and OLED

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamtale

hello everyone
I want to make an arduino shield with display, also I want to integrate more functions. But now I have no more good ideas. Here are some simple function I want to achieve.
First is the display, not the kind of big, ugly 1602 or 12864, it must be small, clear.
So I chose 0.96 inch OLED, it's small, clear, I think it is the most suitable arduino display. If someone can give me a better choice, I would consider it.
IMG_0166.JPG

Second, the magnetometer is also included in the shield. I used HMC5883 as a magnetometer.I will display a compass on the OLED.
Third, I put the DS1307 on the shield as RTC.
Finally, I put HM06 Bluetooth on this board. SMD moudle.
T20UaMXh0XXXXXXXXX_!!798510427.jpg

QQ截图20141106112739.jpg

QQ截图20141106112651.jpg

QQ截图20141106112658.jpg
QQ截图20141106112635.jpg

As this is my first arduino shield design, I will make some and test it, very appreciative for any suggestions or ideas.
Thanks mister T,
He pointed out that some of my mistakes in my SCH,I update my schematic below.
20141106182815.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good to me. Best way to improve it is to first test the first version in use. Radio stuff is a little bit of "black magic".. it could interfere with the magnetometer. But that has to be tested.

I would design external pull-ups for the I2C lines. You do not have to use them, just design them in "just in case". And also some more capacitance for every ICs supply voltage (well.. you are using modules that have those capacitors, but still..).

EDIT: You have external pullups for i2c.. I was first looking at the HMC only. Did not see the pullups.

Looks good to me. Best way to improve it is to first test the first version in use. Radio stuff is a little bit of "black magic".. it could interfere with the magnetometer. But that has to be tested.

I would design external pull-ups for the I2C lines. You do not have to use them, just design them in "just in case". And also some more capacitance for every ICs supply voltage (well.. you are using modules that have those capacitors, but still..).

EDIT: You have external pullups for i2c.. I was first looking at the HMC only. Did not see the pullups.
hi,mister T
I ignored this important point.I will change it,I will add some capacitance to the module.Also, I would pull on the IIC bus resistor connected directly to the A4, A5 pin. No matter what the state of the switch, The IIC bus is always on the pull.After that, I will upload the new schematic.I'm not sure whether the Bluetooth module will interfere magnetometer, I will make some improvements after the actual test.
Thanks
dreamtale

magnetometer work in cel phones bet you need good shielding and keep the bluetooth ant away every thing is shielded in a cel phone radio wise.

First is the display, not the kind of big, ugly 1602 or 12864, it must be small, clear.
So I chose 0.96 inch OLED, it's small, clear, I think it is the most suitable arduino display.

Well I'd completely disagree with that statement :D

Arduinos, and Arduino shields, are pretty large devices - seems fairly pointless fitting a tiny OLED display on a large project. The other displays you mention are larger and clearer because of that, so offer much better functionality.

I don't see the Oled and they can be a headache because some of the cheap ones have pins wrong and mislabeled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back