Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

arduino question

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXAxHillbillyXx

i am wanting to program the acctual uC on the arduino board then take the chip off the board and put it in my design as a stand alone chip all i need to do that is the uC, a voltage regulator, and a 16 MHz resonator. right?

According to this duemilanove schematic View attachment arduino-duemilanove-schematic.pdf you need to 22pf caps with the crystal and a 100nF bypass between power and gnd. Put the bypass cap as near the chip pins as possible. The crystal caps and crystal should be near the pins also.

You need to tie the RESET pin high with a pullup resistor. The schematic shows 18K. You can do without the reset switch if you do not want it.

It would help if you posted you schematic.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Ok i see what i need to do, but i have one more question.. everything i find is useing a crystal i am useing a resonator (not really sure what the difference is) but i do know that the crystal has two pins and mine has three pins(ceramic i think) but do i just attach the middle pin to ground? or to +voltage? or what

kick arse! so i dont need the 22pf or what ever they were just the 18kohm resistor tied to the reset and the voltage regulator for power and the 100nF bypass between power and gnd

I think that is it.

If you want to be sure check the datasheet for the resonator but I think the ones without the internal caps only have two pins.

You can click the chat button if you want to ...chat.. I will be there for a bit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back