Arduino Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
atom you need to set this

Ok i just ordered 10x FT232RL since i know these should work with no issue at all. But im getting them from china... about $3 each when you factor in shipping but will take a few weeks to arrive which i can wait. I think i have one here and will look for it to test it with but im sure it should work as its what most people use.

i don't really no what you do but there are boards using the same chip as yours but the files to load drivers are all that's changed C:\Documents and Settings\Burt\My Documents\Downloads\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\drivers

atom my uno shows up uno com port 7 what chip are you using i looked back can't find the target chip

There are a bunch of clones out there that work fine with the ardunio software

I have added a ATMEGA644 it used strait rs232 you just point to the com port so what you
need to fix is in the bootloader witch is open source

I got it working... would you believe it was a CAPACITOR i had to add ... OMG so picky

Last edited by a moderator:
Reset

The circut to connect the atmega(16)8 to the ftdi chip is like what you described. but to use the reset pin you need a 10nano-farad capacitor connected between dtr and reset. If you do not want to shell out the money for usb-ftdi then you can use a software usb stack like the one that the metaboard (https://metalab.at/wiki/Metaboard) uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…