Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Arduino Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
atom you need to set this

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; String Definitions
;Modify these strings to customize your device
[Strings]
MFGFILENAME="CDC_vista"
DRIVERFILENAME ="usbser"
MFGNAME="http://www.arduino.cc"
INSTDISK="Arduino UNO Driver Installer"
DESCRIPTION="Communications Port"
SERVICE="USB RS-232 Emulation Driver"

Ok i just ordered 10x FT232RL since i know these should work with no issue at all. But im getting them from china... about $3 each when you factor in shipping but will take a few weeks to arrive which i can wait. I think i have one here and will look for it to test it with but im sure it should work as its what most people use.

i don't really no what you do but there are boards using the same chip as yours but the files to load drivers are all that's changed C:\Documents and Settings\Burt\My Documents\Downloads\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\drivers

atom my uno shows up uno com port 7 what chip are you using i looked back can't find the target chip

There are a bunch of clones out there that work fine with the ardunio software

I have added a ATMEGA644 it used strait rs232 you just point to the com port so what you
need to fix is in the bootloader witch is open source

Reset

The circut to connect the atmega(16)8 to the ftdi chip is like what you described. but to use the reset pin you need a 10nano-farad capacitor connected between dtr and reset. If you do not want to shell out the money for usb-ftdi then you can use a software usb stack like the one that the metaboard (https://metalab.at/wiki/Metaboard) uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back