Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Arduino IDE for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAl

Most Helpful Member
Hi there,

I found out that there are a few Android based IDE's made for the Arduino that work at least with the Uno and some other boards. It makes programming from an Android tablet computer possible.

My question is, did anyone try any of these yet?

Also a related question is this...
I think a few months ago we got a program to work on the normal PC computer with the Arduino board that could read the ADC input and display i on the computer monitor, i think using a command that used the serial console. I can quite remember how we did this now, but i'd like to be able to do that with the Android too. Also, if there is another way to do it that would be good too.

I've been playing with Basic4Android... http://www.basic4ppc.com/android/screenshots.html

There is a free version... But the standard version is only $41...

It allows you access to the USB port for just about anything.....

Hi Ian,

Hey thanks Ian. I am not sure i will be using it enough to spend the 41 dollars so i am hoping for a free version. I am hoping it allows the use of the screen to be able to read the ADC of the uC and display the results like (i think) we did with the regular PC version.
I'll have to check out that Basic too.

There's a com port on most tablets but getting to use it takes some work finding cables or a usb to serial for it. I use the Pi can program on it easy as pi lol
but I did hack a cheap Android tablet to use its comport but got a Pi and started using it. Going to get back at this stuff now and finish doing some off the stuff I wanted to do but got side tracked.
But a Android is just a linux box so you could do most anything with on just's takes work and time less if some one else is after the same thing Lol
I run debrain Linux on a Android that fully rooted found the pins to get a com off the pcb it works easy that way hard part was finding the pins to use.
But that's the fun in this :)

Hi,

Sounds very interesting, but i've already hacked the tablet battery leads to provide a solid on/off switch for the battery due to automatic turn on every 8 days. From doing this i have found that the guts are pretty well packed in there as it is just a 7 nch tablet. Im not sure if i would want to solder anything else in there, but it still sounds interesting if you can provide more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back