Arduino com ports help

Status
Not open for further replies.

siyom

I've recently installed arduino on my laptop,I'm kinda new to it.Whenever i try to upload the simplest problems to my uno board an error message saying COM10 is already in use appears.
I've checked and found that bluetooth program uses about 3 com ports and I really don't know how release any of them.Infact i'm not even sure if i'm suppose to release any of them as i'm not expect on these things.
Only COM8 9 and 10 appear on my device manager and only COM10 appear on the arduino software

Have you installed the software as Administrator????

If you have installed t to the desktop OR in the program files... Then you need to install it WITH admin privileges...

The best place to install Arduino software is in the USERS directory... in "My Documents" as the config.ini cannot be modified

I removed it from my desktop and put on my documents as you said but still i keep getting the same error message saying com10 is already in use and when i go to tools only com10 is available.

The Ide has a problem with bluetooth. You can program using bluetooth as a com port. What happens is your using bluetooth on the computer for non programming and then try to program the uno with USB to serial the ide only see's the bluetooth.

You turn off the bluetooth and load the uno usb drivers and program then turn on your bluetooth stuff and it should work find.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…