Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Arduino Attiny programmer adaptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr pepper

Most Helpful Member
I've been playing with arduino attiny 85's, nifty little gizmo's.
Till now I've been using an arduino uno as an isp.
However I got one of these:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141882193319?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
There doesnt appear to be any active devices on board, looks like usb connects direct to the chip, and of course theres zero info on the ebay listing.
What kind of driver do I need to use this little programmer, I dont seem to be able to find anything meaningfull using google.

Hi dr pepper,
I suspect that the USB connector is only to provide power. I think it is designed to be used with a USBasp programmer such as this one. The 8 holes in the opposite end of the board to the USB connector look like they would connectot the programmer. You would have to make up a 10 pin to 8 pin cable as the programmers normally have a 10 pin connector. The other explanation would be that it is used with an attiny85 that has a bootstrap loader that deals with the USB protocol. You could check if the USB data pins connect to the attiny socket. By the way did you manage re load the code into your Banggod component tester ?

Les.

Last edited:
Ok if its just to power the atiny then its not much use for anything other than the bin, still it was only 99p, I'll meter the connections to the socket from the usb connector, I think your latter idea of the programmer expecting an atiny with a bootloader burned in is probably what I have, I did get 2 atinys from the same seller, they didnt say if the bootloader is pre loaded or not, my pc comes up with unknown usb device whether an atiny is fitted or not, I dont have any issues using an uno to pre load the bootloader to be able to use one of these.

Yes I burned the atmega chip with the component tester hex file, but nada, I still need to do some investigation the lcd could be dead too, so far I've only checked to see if theres 5v, there is.

Last edited:
I found this ebay advert that gives a bit more information about what looks to be the same board as yours. There are two term used in the description that I have not heard before. they are "Art Mel" and "Couette Mel" Googleing them may give you some more information. I suspect one could be the boot loader.

Les.

As far as I can tell art mel is the programmer, and coutte mel is the software it runs.

I got a pup, I thought the programmer was a dip socket programmer, it isnt, the dip socket is for a attiny which runs isp programming software, the programmer is an isp without the processor.
Oops.
I allready have an isp with 10 and 20 pin headers.
Thanks for helping me realize that.

Hi dr pepper,
If you are lucky the 8 pin layout on the board may match 8 of the 10 pins on your 10 pin ISP connector. I have put the information which includes the schematic of my Banggood tester on my Dropbox cloud storage. You can access it from this URL
**broken link removed**
You can then see if the schematic has changed from your version. I will leave it on the cloud storage for about a week.

Les.

Ok I'll have a look this weekend, Ta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back