Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

arcade monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuppyh

ok who knows whats going on with my arcade monitor i got a sega mc 2000 i put all new caps in but i have high voltage lines its to bright i cant turn down any ajustment to help thanks chuck

what do you mean high voltage lines? to get help you need to be a bit more explicit. for example i GUESS that you are dealing with CRT style monitor. I also guess that what you see is brighter than usual image that is not distorted other than few bright skewed lines near top side of the CRT. sometimes they are spaced further apart and go across entire screen. see https://humphreykimathi.blogspot.ca/2011/02/causes-of-retrace-lines-on-crt.html

you mean you're seeing retrace lines? you may have a bad connection on one of the tube's cathodes, have a shorted video driver transistor, or have a cathode shorted to the grid internally in the tube. if they're white retrace lines, then you might have no power to the driver transistors at all, or are missing the blanking pulse.

Last edited:
its retrace lines found a bad resistor change it still the same i notice i can turn flyback down fast
the picture will come on right for a second does that sound like a flyback issue i have recap the chasis all ready
thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back