Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

arcade game coin problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBgametech

I'm an arcade game tech and I need to be able to use a wireless remote to coin up a game. The wireless remote receiver I have is powered by 12vdc and has 3 wires for connections to the switch contacts of its internal relay. When I click the remote, the internal relay of the receiver stays energized for about 1 second and then deenergizes. When connected to the coin circuit, this 1 second pulse is too long and the game indicates a coin error. How can I convert this 1 second pulse to a much smaller one (a few milliseconds)? I'd like to use as few discrete components as possible for simplicity's sake.

A simple RC differentiator may work at the pulse output. Connect a series capacitor going to a resistor and diode (anode) to ground. Select the RC time constant to give the pulse time you need.

I tried this today and even though I got a quicker pulse, It appears the capacitor stays charged too long or needs power removed in order to get another pulse to go through. I suppose what I am looking for is a way to use this circuit but it needs to be retriggerable within a second or two. Thanks.

You can usually use a diode to discharge the capacitor quickly. Post your schematic if you can.

I actually borrowed this schematic from this site a few days ago before I posted, except the values I used were C = 2200 mF and R = 10K. Instead of hooking up to the coin circuit directly, I'm activating a relay.

Attachments

• RC Relay Delay.gif
    RC Relay Delay.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 209
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back