Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Apparent resistance of a MOSFET?

Status
Not open for further replies.

magician13134

Hello, I'm stuck on a homework problem where they ask us to determine the apparent resistance of a MOSFET given a set of data plotting V_DS (voltage from drain to source) against V_GS (voltage from gain to source). I don't really have any idea how to do it. In addition to the data, we're given the circuit. Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-09-26 at 7.37.01 PM.PNG
    Screen shot 2010-09-26 at 7.37.01 PM.PNG
    18.1 KB · Views: 411
Simple ohms law. Given Vdd, Vr, and Rload, figure current through load resistor and Vds. Rs of MOSFET equals Vds/Id.

Oh, that makes sense. Thank you.
Now, I have one more, very similar question that I can't quite finish...

From this, I have gotten three unique equations:
[LATEX]V_R = I_LR_L=V_d_dR_L/(R_L + R_E)[/LATEX]
[LATEX]V_D_S = I_LR_E=V_d_dR_E/(R_L + R_E)[/LATEX]
[LATEX]I_L =V_d_d/(R_L + R_E)[/LATEX]
(which is the same as the fourth)
[LATEX]R_E=V_d_d/I_L - R_L[/LATEX]

We're given [LATEX]V_d_d = 6V[/LATEX] and [LATEX]R_L = 200Ω[/LATEX] but we need to find four unknowns [LATEX]V_R, V_D_S, I_L, R_E[/LATEX] so I can't figure out a fourth equation... Any ideas are greatly appreciated. thank you

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-09-27 at 7.09.59 PM.PNG
    Screen shot 2010-09-27 at 7.09.59 PM.PNG
    51.1 KB · Views: 354
Need another value. Ids (or load IL) Which will be a function of Vgs for the particular MOSFET.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back