Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anything else to consider other than the flyback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

berniedd

Hi again. I'm also trying to fix an AOC 14vn monitor for a friend. Dead set. The horizontal output transistor (2SC5386) is shorted and a new one brought a picture of normal width that was rolling vertically and very dim in brightness. The new transistor fried after only 10 seconds. I suspect that it's the flyback transformer that's the real cause of all this, but should I consider anything else before I try changing this expensive and hard to find part?

berniedd said:
Hi again. I'm also trying to fix an AOC 14vn monitor for a friend. Dead set. The horizontal output transistor (2SC5386) is shorted and a new one brought a picture of normal width that was rolling vertically and very dim in brightness. The new transistor fried after only 10 seconds. I suspect that it's the flyback transformer that's the real cause of all this, but should I consider anything else before I try changing this expensive and hard to find part?

Check the tuning components around the LOPTX, an O/C tuning capacitor will make the transistor overheat as well as a duff TX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back