Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

anyone played with accelerometer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyrock

is there anyone played with this piece of equipment before?

can anyone tell me how sensitive it can sense movements? does a very light and slightest movement detectable? i.e. perhaps a snail movement?

yeps. Tried once in my usb joystick project. The sensitivity depends on actual components/device, which you use. But in my case, i used 2 accelerometer chips (1 per axis) with analog output + amplifier, so it was kinda able to "feel" couple of degrees of rotation of the actual device.

Well, I'm working on a project involves accelerometer. It can sense movements but don't expect to get the velocity/displacement accurately from merely integrating the signal once/twice. But they are quite sensitive - get one with full-scale of 1.5g, place it on your chest and you can see some bumps due to your heartbeat! (that is, if your heart is strong enough).

Have a look:

https://www.dimensionengineering.com/accelerometers.htm

Edit

Forgot to tell you: check the last year Elektor (around July); there was notice of the winner of a design contest who did a nice one with three accelerometers. Just pure maths and little hardware.
/Edit

Last edited:
sounds cool.. I might want to order a 3 axis for a try out.. and the are a little expensive though..

I just ordered one of **broken link removed**. Should have it probably early next week. And the SD card project will be put on the back burner yet again. :D It's almost working. :p

AtomSoft said:
This would be good also
**broken link removed**
HVW sells those too. **broken link removed**

The analog output ones are much easier to use. And I understand the one I ordered is buffered, making it nicer to use. The one I ordered is 3-axis. The above one is 2-axis and digital output. The digital output is more difficult to code for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back