Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone out there who can Help??...Pressure Pads

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrocric

Hi,
I'm looking for small electronic pressure pads that can give me pressure readings digitally.
I need them for an experiment i'm conducting relating to difference in pressure for air flow around a Ball. i need them to be able to stick them onto the ball and get readings when there is difference in air flow..

CAN ANYONE HELP??
I Will be truly grateful....

Thanks

F

Last edited:
The ball is stationary and the airflow varies? How big etc?

I don't think you are going to find stick-on pressure sensors that will register the low pressures involved in air streams. External sensors will also disrupt flow over the surface and thus alter pressures. A more likely solution would be to small tubes, connected to differential air pressure sensors, penetrating the surface of the ball from the inside at the desired measurement points. Can you provide more details about the setup?...ball size?...air flow rates?...???

Ken

Cricket ball

The ball is a Cricket ball held with its seam vertical. Air flow travelling at 70+ mph to around 90ish mph (setup in wind tunnel).

Last edited:
Not being a Cricket person, what is the interior of the ball? How many sensors? At what positions?

Is this where you're going? **broken link removed**
ken

Last edited:
Not sure if this would work but I have used resistive pressure sensors. They are made on a flex lead and change resistance with pressure. I used them for and electronic gas pedal for an electric motorcycle. It mounted on the handlebar and you pressed it with your thumb to go. About .020" thick and 3" long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back