Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone know where I can get 5-cond Black, Red, Yellow, White, Blue, AWG22 or greater cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triode

I have some motorized jacks with feedback that I need to wire up. The trouble is that some need extension and some do not. I can just provide a conversion table but I'd like to keep the ends consistent to avoid mistakes. I've looked all over and I can't find any cable that has the same colors. Does anyone know where I can get 5 conductor with black, red, blue,yellow (or green) and white?

This particular cable has stranded AWG 22 wires, it's unsheilded, the markings say E146924 AWM 2464 22AWG VW-1 80ºC 300V AWM I/II

But really if it has similar wires or larger that will work. I am in the USA, but would consider a supplier elsewhere if they have this.

Thanks

Have you looked at thermostat cables (commonly used between furnaces and thermostats), which you can buy in Home Depot or similar?

The wires are not stranded, don't know if that's important.

Thanks, I am considering just using thermostat cable. Most of what I've seen only one color is wrong (brown not blue) but that would be enough to avoid any confusion. The stiffness shouldn't matter since the back of the jacks does not move.

JimB, thanks, I think they might have an exact match, the lead time may be a problem though.

Thanks

One option is to "tape the ends <color>" which is an electrician's term. You could use heat shrink or adhesive heat shrink to make the ends more durable. So, use an inch or so of red, yello, blue, black and white heat shrink to "color" the insulation.

How much wire do you need and how fast? I know a friendly company that might be able to do "short run", but I don;t know. I've ordered their "standard products", but "delivery" is all over the map. Prices are super and so were minimums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back