Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone know what these are called??

Status
Not open for further replies.

things

I ripped open a musical toothbrush i had laying around to find out what was making the sound, and found a little metal thing, tha has a metal plate that vibrates with the sound. When you press it onto something, it acts like a speaker, but using whatever you pressed it onto as a "cone". Anyone have any idea's what these things are called?

It's a piezoelectric disk.
Same thing you get in watches and other cheep 'beepy' stuff such as greetings cards.

It's not a peizoelectric disk, it is much smaller and the sound is actually quite resonable. It looks like a peice of metal mounted to a small speaker cone. I will try get some pictures, but its not a flat peizo disk like you find in smoke detectors etc.

Yeah its like that thing, except its just the bare sound producer. I can tell its not peizoelectroc, since thos little disks usually have crap bass responce, this is quite good. When i push down on the little metal bit, you can actually feel it going down, and a little click at the end. I'm pretty sure its just a peice of metal mounted to a speaker cone, but i know theres a proper name for them.

You think you can take a picture of it? I would like to see what it looks like..lol

-BaC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back