Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone know of any goodsites for Data sheets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tperk1

Other than Electro Tech does anyone know of any good Data Sheet web-sites(especially for generic parts), and while I'm asking is there a tutorial out there on how to read the specs. or numbersoff of some parts. I downloaded a site that even had a search bar for the tool bar, but it didn't work worth a ****: Datasheet catalog for integrated circuits, diodes, triacs, and other semiconductors, view
I don't know if I was entering the wrong numbers or what, but it never would give me the proper info, or it was giving me to much info. on different parts?
Anyway, any advice, guidance, or share your experiences, as well as a link for the Data-sheet sites would be great help. Thanks, tperk1

Google is your freind, just input the correct part number and you will get a plethora of options generally. If it is an obscure or propriatery part you could have issues, but not normally. If it is propriatery then you will have to get the info from the patent holder, generally like pulling teeth if you canb get it at all. General motors has a bunch of chips in late model stuff that is a PITA for just this reason. And you cannot buy a preprogrammed chip like that except from GM for 3000 times the price of the chip. Sorry.
Bob

**broken link removed** is the best one i have found till date... have a look at it... does not require any toolbars to download... simply put ur ic number and type and scroll down. it gives you every detail...

For 'generic', or salvaged house numbered parts, Google is probably the best option. There really isn't a single site for these, but you can sometimes find a blog or something, where somebody else figured it out. Some part suppliers also give cross reference part numbers, or a description that can help you determine what the part is.

Thanks a bunch

I actually downloaded one site that even had its own little browser. Needless to say it was to good to be true. I'm pretty much going to spend some time searching to see if I can find a (couple) good data-sheet sites, then put them in a folder and post them, if anybody's interested. The hard part is going to be finding the good Data-sheets!

Good news found 2 sites both with toolbar apps.. The first and best is Dig Chip IC database with toolbar at DigChip IC database found everything I was looking for and more. Also: GlobalSpec the engineering search engine GlobalSpec - Engineering Search & Industrial Supplier Catalogs Global Spec is a broader search engine for any kind of manufacturing, but Dig chip doesn't work on Mozilla but just plug in the numbers and it comes back with Data sheets, Common uses, Similar parts. and more. Check them out!

I've generally had luck with alldatasheet.com
Der Strom

Last edited:
Yeah, alldatasheet.com has been pretty good for me lately.
Actually Wikipedia has a pretty cool list of "all" of the 74xx and 40xx series if you just wonder what all is out there.

That is a link to datasheets4u.com
Anytime I see that cute blue icon in the corner I IMMEDIATELY back up. I find them to be a rabbit hole site that just endlessly links you forever. They are one of those "Referral" sites. They don't have anything. When I clicked on your link, I got completely redirected OFF this site and into their rabbit hole with NO BACKBUTTON.

I DO NOT recommend datasheets4u.com

Last edited:
I still have the problems figuring out what numbers I need and which one I don't. do you have any suggestions, or sites with info on how to read the part numbers on components. I know some of the numbers are for quality control(date/time/shift), and if I could go straight to the part number, without all the other BS I could get my info a lot faster! Thanks

Oh, I get what you're saying. You want to know which string of numbers is the actual part number, right?
Most of the chips I have and use start with a pair of letters, such as LM, SN, CD, NE, etc. and are followed by a few numbers. For example, I have a CD4040, which is a binary counter. Other examples would be the LM339 (quad comparator), SN7404 (inverter), LM556 (dual timer), etc. In my experience, the actual part number is most often the first set of characters shown.
Does this help?
Der Strom

Yea, that's it. I actually read on Wikipedia or another site (been real busy) and it said not to use the first two letters, especially UM?

LM = National, SN = TI, CD = Motorola, NE = Signetics. So there were the LM555 and the NE555 uA= Fairchild

uPD and STK are Japanease manufacturer's

If I remember right.

Follow-up to KeepItSimpleStupid:

notes from my extensive collection:
UPA/ UPC/ UPD - NEC; LA/ LB/ LC/ STK - Sanyo; TA/ TB/ TC/ TD/ TMP - Toshiba; circled M - Motorola; circled W - Winbond
HA/ HD - Hitachi; CX - Sony; AN/ MN - Panasonic; KA/ KS - Samsung; YM - Yamaha; TDA - Philips or Toshiba
BA - Rohm; bold M - Mitsubishi; MK - Mostek; RP - Ricoh; TIB - Texas Instruments

I have very good luck with datasheetcatalog 99% ofd the time.

It is not case sensitive but you must omit any spaces or dashes from the part number when you enter it in the search box, you would enter.... LM555 (and NOT LM 555 or LM-555)
It will then give you a list of products using that part number, select one that suits the part, then it will give a list of manufactors and the data sheet they provide.
I tend to find the data sheet with the biggest file size is often the best download.

Datasheet catalog for integrated circuits, diodes, triacs, and other semiconductors, view

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back