Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

anyone know of a SBC PC running DOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarr

Hi all,

I have been looking for a small 4"x4" SBC nothing too powerfull even looked at some SBC's using 186 IC's that look good, but all are either are too expensive or don't have quite the I/O or power config I want. So I think maybe building one might be the way to go, so anyone any links to similar DIY projects? Or if anyone has a link to a cheap, small SBC with a few I/O, Flash memory, ideally running DOS please post em :)

P.S. I did find one here and it's perfect but I have sent loads of email without reply :(

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
check out the ALIX boards. I use them all the time and I'm pretty satisfied. I run them mostly under Linux but some can run dos (freeDos)

PC Engines ALIX system boards

They are amd (geode) based, quite fast, you can choose the model you want (memory, extensions, vga or not, minipci, serial, ethernets ...) they have no moving parts and no cooling needed. I for example have few (5+) of theese PC Engines alix2c3 product file running at home 24/7 for years (one is outside, other ones are inside)... very stable, very easy to use ...

they are 6 x 6" (152.4 x 152.4 mm) so bit bigger then 4x4 you asked for, but for this price, you might want to "extend the parameters" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back