Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone know how to change USB drive background image??

Status
Not open for further replies.

wakiki

Hi all,

There's a trick i know last time where you can change the backgorund image of a USB drive. You know when you click your USB drive on My Computer, a window will pop out displaying the directory of your USB drive..The background of the directory is white by default, but there's a code that could let you use your own picture...I deleted the file to do th trick...Anyone knows how to do it??

Thanks....

customise that folder or create your own autorun.ini (with custom icon for what appears in My Computer)

hey did anyone know that you cannot name a file as 'con' (without the quotes ) try it... i don't know why it is...

That's because con is the place holder for console, ie: your display & keyboard. It is a reserved word just like LPT, COM etc. Type copy filename.txt con at the prompt and the file will be "copied" to your screen. Likewise copy con filename.txt will create a new file filled with what you type at the prompt (You end this mode with a CTRL-Z)....

Last edited:
Yep. Linux is similar to that, only all of those special 'files' exist in a /dev directory. On PC's (even Windows XP) those files exist 'everywhere' but don't exist anywhere. You can access printer and com ports the same way. My work computers use an old DOS databasing program and in the root directory of the main program you'll find all kinds of files ltp1 lpt ltp etc.. ad infiinm from all the times someone tried to type lpt1 in the printer field and typo'd =)

Sceadwian said:
you'll find all kinds of files ltp1 lpt ltp etc.. ad infiinm from all the times someone tried to type lpt1 in the printer field and typo'd

Must admit, I've been there and done that! :D

Isn't PRN a generic one for the printer?, which goes to either serial or parallel port accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back