Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone know a blind person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

large_ghostman

Most Helpful Member
Slightly odd question.
Does anyone know a blind person with a white stick (not a joke honest) who would be willing to contact me? I have an idea for a kickstarter to help blind people with white sticks, but I need to ask one some questions first before I go ahead.

Thanks

Thanks, I will give it a try. The downside to where I live is the nearest place likely to have a center is 60 miles away, but its worth a try. I have also put a notice up in the doctors surgery, but without being funny its hard to make a poster for a blind person! I might talk to the Doctor and see if he can mention it for me.

Asking the doctor to mention your interest to a patient is a possible approach and certainly legal in the US, I believe. However, many doctors in the US would be uncomfortable doing that, as the patient may interpret it as a recommendation.

Your doctor may know of services available for the blind and would probably be more than willing to give you leads to such services in the area. Even support staff in the doctor's office might be able to help.

John

LG, I have a contact within a nation organisation which provides technical help to people with various disabilities.
I have asked if he knows of anyone in your area who may be able to provide handy hints and helpful advice on the subject.
I don't know if anything will come of this request, lets just sit back and see.

JimB

LG, I have a contact within a nation organisation which provides technical help to people with various disabilities.
I have asked if he knows of anyone in your area who may be able to provide handy hints and helpful advice on the subject.
I don't know if anything will come of this request, lets just sit back and see.

JimB
Cheers Jim really appreciate it, I got a copy of one the course brochures when away the other day, and one of the projects from last year they did made me think. I dont know if my idea would help but I have a simple idea that just might help those that are newly blind learn to use a white stick easier, can I email you the idea? I could do with a few different views before going off down this track.
If it turns out to be a good idea I wouldnt use it for the course as I have found that doing that seems to restrict what you can do with it after. In an ideal world if a blind person said yes this would help then I would use kickstarter to get a prototype going and then make it open source.

LG and John

Will you two big kids just drop it.

Thread closed.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back