Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone have experience with AP5724 LED driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telek

Hello everyone!

I'm looking to use the AP5724 in a project (**broken link removed**, datasheet) to power 52 or 54 LEDs in a grid (4x13 or 6x9). The spec sheet even gives a nice example for how to power a single 6-LED series, and mentions that the maximum mosfet switching current limit is 750mA.

**broken link removed**

Now my question is - what does it mean exactly by "maximum mosfet switching current limit" and how would I calculate that? Is that going to be the same as the maximum inductor current? Would I even be able to power 225mA (which would be the current draw of 6x9 array) out of this?

Thanks for your help again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back