Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone has a link for...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would disagree.

Op-amps, e.g. the TL072 are pretty common.

Small amplifier ICs like the LM386, TDA7052, TDA2822 etc. can be found in things like small stereos and radios.

In front of me I have a board from an old Primax hand scanner. It has an; AN78N05, LM339, LM393 and a TLC55101 (high speed analogue to digital converter) - all perfectly useful ICs. There are also penty of potentially useful componentls like resistors, diodes, transistors and capacitors (though you'd need a capacitance meter to get the values) if you could be bothered to unsolder them. The only totally useless component is a chip with Primax ICO25200 which is an ASIC and is therefore purpose built for the job.

Other components like CMOS NAND gates, Schmitt triggers and other glue logic show up every now and then but it is true that they're not very common.

Hero999 said:
I would disagree.

Op-amps, e.g. the TL072 are pretty common.

In what kind of domestic item?.

You 'might' find a couple in a CD player (in the output filters), but many are internal to larger IC's, or SM versions.

Small amplifier ICs like the LM386, TDA7052, TDA2822 etc. can be found in things like small stereos and radios.

You obviously don't repair many radios :D

It's very unusual to find any recogniseable IC in a radio these days, they are all made in China and use IC's you've never heard of.

In front of me I have a board from an old Primax hand scanner.

Like I said, anything remotely modern - and a Primax hand scanner is OLD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back