Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone from North East England UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra1

I need someone who can write code for a pic, its for a project im working on.

i can pay you for your efforts.

pm me your number if you can help me, and we can have a chat about it

cheers

Did you find someone to do this? I'm on the other side of the planet but may be able to help.

Mike.

I am in the south west of England, just come back from Stockton on Tees actually, so was in that area!

What kind of problem do you have?

Long Story.

Basically, Its a thermostat, that displays onto the screen of a 6610 lcd, i currently have someone looking into it but hes dragging his heels a little. he has done a mock display that looks like this
**broken link removed**

Looks quite good, the display looks a little washed out, but I guess the LCD's are quite reasonably priced, considering the TFT kit costs around £80, plus you need the expansion board at around £30.

It looks like your colleague has got it working,there are plenty of Nokia LCD drivers around for the PIC.

Hes actually using an ARM chip apparently there more powerful, im hoping he can meet his deadline as if not im a bit buggered.

They are more powerful, when is the deadline?
You could use the PPC 405EX or the NXP .NET processor, both I believe are ARM based.
Do you have the hardware hooked up for the display board? Which PIC are you planning on using?

i have the hardware for the lcd and touch buttons, but no hardware for the control unit that drives the lcd, hope that makes sense. i cant build the hardware for the cpu until i know what cpu would be used.

Pic wise if one were to be used i would let the designer choose one suitable for the application

I wish I read this forum more regularly, I'm from the North East (Newcastle) (though I've lived in California for the last ten years), a couple more tasty little projects like this could be enough to tempt me to return to my roots... seriously... life in CA is not doing it for me at the moment, I yearn for a life of hacking PIC and ARM microcontroller doohickeys to life... with real weather and proper beer...sigh.

Ah well..

Last edited:
Oh right,

Well, you can use this page for reference:

**broken link removed**

It looks as though it uses a simple SPI interface, which means that you can use pretty much any PIC Controller with an SPI interface.

If memory is a problem then you can use something like the PIC18F4620, which I use quite a lot so I know it has decent memory onboard, get a 40 pin header for the chip if you want to try other cheaper chips like the 16F886 etc.

@prosys, real weather? I was in stockton on tees earlier this week and the weather was absolutely awful! Not much better when I got back to work in Bristol.

I would rather live in CA than the UK, things are getting more and more expensive! But yes, it is fun making the PIC's etc work! I'm sure you can do that in CA though can't you?

I yearn for a life of hacking PIC and ARM microcontroller doohickeys to life... with real weather and proper beer...sigh.
Proper Beer, I definitly agree with you on that point !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back