Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone familiar to "AutoSlide" door opener?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim halloran

I havejust installed an "autoslide" sliding glass door opener https://www.autoslide.com/. I would like to add a 24v RFID proximity sensor (or a pair of them...one on each side of the door) and attach a tag that is read by the sensors to my dog's collar to activate the door securely to let my dog in and out of the house. I have a 24v electromagnet aftermarket lock to secure the door when my dog isn't near the sensor. Does anyone have a link to a RFID proximity sensor that I can easily hook into this system to ensure better security and allow my pet to enter/exit the home into the back yard at will?

They have this one but its $500.
**broken link removed**
Autoslide Collar ID Pet Door Kit (Available only in USA)

If you are worried about the neighbour’s cats or unwanted animals entering your home via the motion pet sensors, an Autoslide i3 Collar ID Pet Door Kit is what you need instead. With the help of a special magnetic pet sensor, only pets wearing a the magnetic collar tag will be able to trigger a pet open when they are within range of the sensor.

A mate used to have something similar, the pet had a tube fastened to its collar, in the tube was a stack of magnets, you positioned the magnets to form a sort of code, only that code released the door, I cant remmeber if it was ac or dc, might have just been a relay o/p, but I cant find them on the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back