Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anybody see any of these special clips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi KJ,

Nice links, and although i didnt find what i was looking for there those clips are interesting too.

BTW, Ken sent me some nice spring clips a while back which i am very grateful for. I do like to keep an eye open for the possibility of future purchases of more of these things though in case they pop up again.

One of my original uses of these clips was to very simply keep two wires together where i didnt want to twist them (as with resistor leads and such). I didnt want to keep around a bunch of alligator clips without wires just to keep two or three wires clamped together, and alligator clips dont work as well with three or more wires (or component leads) as they do with only two. The spring clips make for some fast test setups.

Last edited:
Those spring loaded terminals and binding posts are unique and have their place. I'm intrigued by the Grayhill model that can be plugged into a banana socket. I've used E-Z Hook jumpers a few times for a similar function by stacking a few component leads under the hook. It's a lot easier than trying to get them to stay in an alligator jaw as you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back