Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anybody see any of these special clips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAl

Most Helpful Member
Hello there,

(Please see attached drawing for complete description, and zoom to see the writing in the pic)

These are special clips where you press down on the push tab and that opens the slot in the body where you can insert part leads such as from resistors and capacitors. After you insert several leads you release the tab and that compresses all the leads together which means they make electrical contact to each other and to the metal of the body. That means you can a bunch of them to make up a breadboard or just use them to connect other parts together for quick testing.

I purchased a bunch of these from Radio Shack way back in the 1980's but they dont seem to sell them anymore.

Anyone know where to get this now, or if they are even still being made?

Note that i am not interested in Fahnestock clips.

Thanks...

Attachments

• SpringClip.gif
    SpringClip.gif
    47.2 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
Hi Ya MrAl

I haven't seen those in years. I have seen this style with the 1/2 slit design. I also ahve a few red and black real narrow lying around with the half slit design.

They were real practical so someone must still make and sell the things.

Ron

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the idea, but i see those are 14 dollars each, 10 would cost 140 dollars, yikes :)
They are very interesting too though.

The clips i am talking about where about 10 for a dollar or two so i hope somebody can find some somewhere. Thanks again.
I really liked those old clips as you could clip together as many as 5 or more small parts with one clip and not have to use alligator leads which adds unecessary lead length to the circuit to be tested. They were 'fairly' strong too so they made a good solid connection that stayed that way.

Thanks....

Last edited:
Yeah, I freaked when I saw the price. Hell with a pile of springs and number ten screws & washers they could be fabricared. I remember the ones you mentioned real well and yeah, Radio Shack a package of 10 was about a buck.

Ron

I have a few that I don't use that you're welcome to. I'll check to night. Or you looking for 100's?

Ken

Hi Ken,

Oh wow that would be great. Yes, even a few would do it for now. I'll keep looking for a bigger source too in the future.
Thanks very much.

I have 6 (3 red and 3 black) that are yourss if you want them.

Ron

Hi Ron,

What kind of clips are they?

They say a picture is worth a thousand words so they are this kind. :)

I actually have about 4 each (red & black) that I will never use during my lifetime.

Ron

Attachments

• Clips.jpg
    Clips.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 190
Looked in the parts drawer, next to the Fahnestock clips and the Keystone flea clips, and it was empty. Now I have to figure out where I put them. I hope I didn't give them away. I'll keep looking.

Ken

Is this the right clip? I couldn't find mine, but remembered we had some stuck away in never-to-be-used-again storage bin at work. Besides the clips, are a couple IC sockets with clips, and an 8-1/2"x17" perf' board w/ bus strips for them. All yours for the shipping.

Mine were slightly different...they had an islet at the top.

Ken

Attachments

• Spring clip 1.JPG
    Spring clip 1.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 155
  • Spring clip 2.JPG
    Spring clip 2.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Hi again,

Yes that looks almost like the clips i had long time ago. How much you want for shipping priority?

I'll check and get back to you.

MrAL,
I have 6 of those just like the picture that Ken posted, if you will send me PM with your address I shall put them in a evelope and mail them to you at no cost.
Ned

A bit of history from a 1979 Pioneer-Standard Electronics catalog. They were manufactured be Vector Electronics...as in Vectorboard. ;)

Ken

Attachments

• CLIPS-1.gif
    CLIPS-1.gif
    164.8 KB · Views: 150
Too bad you can't get clips like this anymore. The DIY market just doesn't support products that help you to rapidly prototype your projects. Well, at least you can still get breadboards.

Didn't see your post, canadaelk. That's interesting...

Last edited:
Brownout must be referring to fahnestock clips which you specifically excluded from interest in your original post.
https://www.micromark.com/Fahnestock-Clips-Pkg-of-25,8941.html

The parts pictured in Reloadron's post #10 are made by Grayhill.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2011/09/pushpoststerm.pdf

Pomona makes these similar spring loaded binding posts.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2011/09/d4995_100.pdf

E-Z Hook makes a variety of spring loaded terminals.
**broken link removed**

Abbatron makes a variety of spring loaded binding posts.
https://www.abbatron.com/index.php?cPath=29_33_38

The Vector T30N-2 is obsolete but some vendors still have stock.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back