Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

anybody knows how to design a calculator???

Status
Not open for further replies.

eleanor

good day to all!!!

anybody there knows how to design a calculator????
my project here is to design a 2 seven segment display LED using a hexadecimal matrix design...the problem is i dont know how...the design should have a primary encoder to determine which number will appear if u happen to pressed 2 keys....then i need to design a 2 memory segment for the 2 seven segment display...........and the design must be all in LOGIC CIRCUITS......THE SIMPLEST DESIGN THE BETTER

THANKS

Calculator

I think the easiest way to design a calculator is to buy a calculator!!

Myself, I've often wondered about that. It should use so many chips and so many memory elements: adders, integrators...My God!

So that put me off. These chips might even be difficult to find and if you should opt for discrete components, I wouldn't tell you you're going to end up with a ridiculously complicated & bulky circuit.

Hey, that's just my idea. Luckily someone would guide you to a schematc. :wink:

Simple use an microcontroler.So you allredy have your computer all you need to add is the human machine interface(Display and keys)

Just stuck on an matrix keypad and an 7 segment or even an LCD.

PIC MCUs from microchip cost from $1 to $20 (depends what kind of it it is) You can get them fro free too trough the samples servise.

how many functions? add, subtract, multiply, divide, power, percent, log, ln, rooth....

the design must be all in LOGIC CIRCUITS......THE SIMPLEST DESIGN THE BETTER

I applaud your courage, for none but the brave
venture into the realm of DIY discrete calaculators.

**broken link removed**

and for the truly fearless, schematics for
the Apollo guidance computer can also be found on web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back