Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anybody knows anything about this product ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarac

I know, nothing to do with electronic circuit construction. But i'm willing to buy one of this product ( BIG SCREEN TV PROJECTOR).

I am realy in doubt if it will worth to buy. Since it seems very inexpensive to be good. (actualy there are other products for the same which is cheaper) Thus, before I go for the payment I wanted to hear anybody who knows about this projector.

Here is the link for the projector ====>> https://www.maxtheater.com/

any info. please...

Sarac said:
I know, nothing to do with electronic circuit construction. But i'm willing to buy one of this product ( BIG SCREEN TV PROJECTOR).

I am realy in doubt if it will worth to buy. Since it seems very inexpensive to be good. (actualy there are other products for the same which is cheaper) Thus, before I go for the payment I wanted to hear anybody who knows about this projector.

Here is the link for the projector ====>> https://www.maxtheater.com/

any info. please...

It's basically just a con, you can obviously enlarge a TV picture optically, but this in no way increases the brightness. If you double the size of your screen you reduce the brightness by a factor of four, you've spread the limited amount of light you had over an area four times as large.

Even big expensive projectors have pretty poor brightness, and should be watched in low ambient lighting - I can only see this as working in the dark, and not being very good then.

If something looks too good to be true, it generally is!.

Anybody remember the 'black and white to colour TV converters'?. I saw one once, it was simply a piece of tri-coloured film, a blue stripe at the top, a brown stripe at the bottom, and a green stripe in the middle. This device sounds about as good as that!.

I went to a customers house, who had a similar magnifyer lens in front
of her televison,so being curious,i asked if i could see it work.She switched the tv on and closed the curtains.Ok it enlarged a 21" picture upto a 36"
picture,if you sat directly in front of it (upto about 20 degrees) it wasnt too bad,if you put up with picture distortion in the corners and poor resolution.
For $16.5 you pays your money and get what you pay for.

I like that Tom's Hardware article. They do say the lcd screen and overheat projector works and works exceptionally well, yet easy & cheap to make. The hardware is just relatively bulky compared with a commercial projector and the bulbs are expensive- cheaper than commercial projector bulbs, but a pain compared to a normal TV set.

I'm kinda tempted.

"Anybody remember the 'black and white to colour TV converters'?. I saw one once, it was simply a piece of tri-coloured film, a blue stripe at the top, a brown stripe at the bottom, and a green stripe in the middle."

I remember Nigel! But i always believe, this thing existiert only in poor Eastern Europe...

Elpico Colour TV Filter

**broken link removed**

Still looking for a colour image :lol:

Laptop monitor

Has anyone ever tried to take off the monitor from an old broken laptop computer, and fix it up to use as a TV monitor.

With a 15 or 17" monitor, it would make a nice in wall TV for a bedroom or bathroom.

Thoughts!!!

Re: Laptop monitor

Moe2255 said:
Has anyone ever tried to take off the monitor from an old broken laptop computer, and fix it up to use as a TV monitor.

With a 15 or 17" monitor, it would make a nice in wall TV for a bedroom or bathroom.

If you search the net there are various items about it, but it's VERY complicated - PC monitors are totally different to TV sets. The line and frame rates are no where near each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back