Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anybody get a similar presentation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boncuk

Is something wrong with the setup of the site or is it a system malfunction?

see attachment.

Attachments

• electro-tech.gif
    electro-tech.gif
    13.4 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Using IE7 the forum works, but using Firefox 3.5.6 I cant even log in. The forum keeps kicking me off once I change pages. I get very funny things happening with Firefox :eek:

Using IE7 the forum works, but using Firefox 3.5.6 I cant even log in. The forum keeps kicking me off once I change pages. I get very funny things happening with Firefox :eek:

Try turning off any pop up blockers you have and see if that correct the Firefox problem. Pop up stopper gave me similar problems, don't know why.

Try turning off any pop up blockers you have and see if that correct the Firefox problem. Pop up stopper gave me similar problems, don't know why.

That's the second thing having changed after the site has been changed. PMs normally open with a pop-up-window. If I click to open the PM nothing happens. I have to go to "unread messages" to open it. Pop-up-blocker is disabled in my firefox.

Boncuk

Laptop is set to dual boot linux/xp and all browsers work on either platform. Firefox 3.5.6, IE 8 and opera.

If you haven't fixed it by now, try changing your screen resolution. Usually higher helps. If that fixes it, then you have to decide whether to live with it the way it is, or use the higher resolution and fix your font sizes so they aren't too small to read comfortably.

John

SPDCHK it can't be firefox 3.5.6 itself, maybe some specific addon or other difference you have with your setup because I've been using Firefox since the forum update with no issues of any kind.

SPDCHK it can't be firefox 3.5.6 itself, maybe some specific addon or other difference you have with your setup because I've been using Firefox since the forum update with no issues of any kind.

Yes I agree that it's not version related. I used to have version 2. (something) on my home PC and it did the same. I'm running Windows XP Prof with SP3 on both laptop and desktop. The odd thing though is that sometimes (quite randomly) when opening this site with Firefox everything works 100%, but let me revisit the site a while later and all is back to being problematic. Weird indeed.

Very weird.
I'm using Vista, which is a very different OS, I'm guessing it's some strange conflict on your machine, but without someone else that has the problem and if you can't figure out what else is influencing your machine it's nigh impossible to track down the exact source, trouble shooting is a pain in the but in these kinds of cases. I would start with locally running software though. Java perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back