Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any suggestions on an electronics breadboard lesson book for a kid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triode

My 8 year old son is an avid learner and is currently excited about electronics. I got him the snap circuits kits through 750, and some of the side kits light lights, but he has completed them all and is eager for more, and I definitely think that should be encouraged.

I have made a few lessons for him with a breadboard, like how a transistor works, 555 timer, and a relay driver. But he goes through them quickly and they take me a long time to design. With the snap circuits he used to be occupied all day but the booklets have run out.

Can someone recommend a book with a lot of beginner level projects that could be done on a breadboard and with gator clips? I can supply breadboards, parts, and wires. I just don't have a good way to produce that many projects for him. Sure I show him some things in my lab, but he is homeschooling all day with my wife and I need to work. A website with projects to print out would be good as well. He's learning really fast and I want to keep that momentum going.

Thanks for any advice!

After that, teach him to design his own PCBs and work from scratch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back