Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any suggestions for a thesis topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because this topic comes up so frequently, I started a small collection of projects that appealed to me.

Here is one: **broken link removed**

John

More what?

One-word questions don't convey any information as to what you want to do or why that very carefully considered suggestion was rejected by you.

I presumed that you want to do something potentially useful that combines sensory input, analog and digital analysis, and output in a human-readable form.

John

I think the word "thesis" is a bit of a misuse. Usually doctorate students write theses, Masters student write dissertation, and undergrads write project reports. But yeah, I think it's probably just a way to develop the pride the students have for their work.

More what?

One-word questions don't convey any information as to what you want to do or why that very carefully considered suggestion was rejected by you.

I presumed that you want to do something potentially useful that combines sensory input, analog and digital analysis, and output in a human-readable form.

John

Sorry for that. I did not reject your suggestion. It's just that I want to consider lots of ideas before deciding on which one I want to do, that is if you have more ideas. I very much appreciate it.:)

I am an electronics engineering student. Any field of electronics can work for me. I'm just looking for ideas.

Which fields particularly interest you? Automotive, medical, entertainment, measurement, .....? You need to focus so that help is better directed.

That's a good start. Sensors for medical use, space exploration, geophysics, automation,......??

Since you are an undergraduate, I am assuming your thesis will be more like a report on the literature with suggestions for research, rather than like a doctoral thesis/dissertation reporting your own research.

As for medical sensors, look up glycohemoglobin (aka hemoglobin A1c) and the ways it can me measured. Maybe that will spark your interest.

John

Last edited:
Since you are an undergraduate, I am assuming your thesis will be more like a report on the literature with suggestions for research, rather than like a doctoral thesis/dissertation reporting your own research.

As for medical sensors, look up glycohemoglobin (aka hemoglobin A1c) and the ways it can me measured. Maybe that will spark your interest.

John

we need to research of our own...

Hello,

I'm in my final year too. I have chosen to work on multi-phase flow pattern recognition in a pipe (two fluids circulating, and you detect which flow pattern it is. Capacitance measurements, void fraction. Wigner). It's in conjunction between two faculties (Electronics and Process Engineering). Maybe it'll give you and idea for a project.

we need to research of our own...

That is my problem. I don't have enough time to conduct research and experiment to test my ideas.

:confused: Which is it, do you need to do research or not?

How much research time do you have for this thesis? How much time do most students use? What research facilities do you have? Are they well stocked, or will you potentially be spending weeks waiting for parts?

John

If the OP is from 4-season countries, a usually popular topic would be weather sensing. I did it for detection of six parameters (ambient temperature, barometric pressure, humidity, wind speed, wind direction and precipitation). I managed to reach up to the sensing parts only.

The keyword is: solid state sensing. That'd be exciting and educational, I think. Look up my page, there's some info on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back