Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any Suggestion? Pls Help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahkyo

I am assigned to do a school project related to the width band gap semiconductor and my project advisor ask me to design a circuit that includes a UV detector or blue LED or photodiode. Any suggestion pls and pls give me the relevant information. Thankz...

Probably need more details. Or I have been out of school too long.

But I am sure google will get you a UV detector circuit, a BLUE LED circuit (unlike the red ones; they are not cool anymore) or a photodiode circuit.

Are you looking to use an LED as a photo detector? Search the forum, sure it is there.

Is this a bandwidth gap circuit maybe?

Thankz for your reply..

To be honest, I am not so sure with the circuit that i should looking for becuase my first post is the only hints that i get from my advisor. Anyway, I have read through the thread "LED as photodetector" and i think that is not the one i need.

Up to this stage, i think an UV detector circuit is the thing i am looking for. Do you have any suggestion besides the fire detector circuit?

I've sent an email to my advisor for futher information, i will let you know if i get any extra information.thankz

Thankz for your reply, actually i have receive my reply mail already, and i did send a mail to mramos1 about the information since he is the only one who reply me:D . Here is something that i need :

A Circuit about the application of the wide bandgap (WBG) semiconductor. I am sure that you will know the different between a Si based electronic devices and GaN based electronic devices, and their differences in applications. Then as long as the circuit is an application of WBG semicon based electronic devices, it can be taken as my project title.

so far, i only got limited information of a flame detector(anyone can find me the schematics/circuit?), an UV detector
http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/aug2000/965567900.Ph.r.html

a laser keychain ( i think it is not suitable but got any way to modify it?)
http://www.geocities.com/lemagicien_2000/elecpage/chlaser/chlaser.html

A Simulation of capacitive drop circuit that using the blue LED
**broken link removed**

If you got any relevant information that you think it is suitable for my topic, pls post the link to me. thankz, bye the way, can you give me the information of the title you mentioned? LED as UV detector. I am going to meet my advisor tomorrow and discuss all the information i get, and i think i still have not enough information discussion.

and sry for my poor english on the post....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back