Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

any sharp mind around

Status
Not open for further replies.

emenent

Hi everyone,

I have got little problem here....i have given with the finished product which is 860MHz/500mW transmitter.
And i want to come up with some kind of apparatus which can be used to test this transmitter.
i am not getting any clear idea how can i test this transmitter to verify if its working or not....
can any genious mind around tell me what do i need to do to test it...
your cooperation and help is very much appreciated.

cheers

ash

If you want to test it for frequency and power output it will require a frequency counter and and a power meter. If you want to just test it to see if it is working a receiver will do the job. If it is an FM transmitter and you want to check for proper modulation then you will need a deviation meter.

One very simple (and cheap) way of doing it is to connect a voltmeter across a diode. I believe that germanium diodes are good for this application because of their low voltage drop. Also, make sure that the diode is rated for this UHF frequency.

The diode rectifies the radio waves and turns 'em into voltage. As you get closer, voltage increases.

There is a little more to it though, so search google for field strength meter.

Remember though, that this little device can ONLY verify that it's sending out radio signals, THATS IT! It can't tell if it's the right frequency, power output, etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back