Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

any project on RFID

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaurav_excuseme

hi guys got any ideas :idea: about RFID anyone?
iam into my final yr b.tech project on RFID, ive got all the theoretical part but what can i show as a practical application......plzx guys any kin'of help is throughly appreciated......
plz its a matter of my career plz help me out......
thanks
gaurav
gaurav_excuseme@rediffmail.com

do not know if you ever see Elektor magasine, I am sure they did a series of articles recently on RFID including some constructional projects.

Cheers

gaurav_excuseme said:
hi guys got any ideas :idea: about RFID anyone?
iam into my final yr b.tech project on RFID, ive got all the theoretical part but what can i show as a practical application......plzx guys any kin'of help is throughly appreciated......
thanks
gaurav
gaurav_excuseme@rediffmail.com
Have you Googled "rfid applications"?

Hi Gaurav, Kiran here from Pune. I am in Auton=mation field since 4 yrs. I know a lot abt RFID and can help you for a project. Iam having an idea in my mind, plz let me know what u exaclty needs.
Kiran Shendge
uote="gaurav_excuseme"]hi guys got any ideas :idea: about RFID anyone?
thanks
gaurav
gaurav_excuseme@rediffmail.com[/quote]

RFID plz

hi kiran....
iam sorry to reply you so late...
the reason being i was not well foe some time...
i read your msg and found that u can help me out.....seriously after my illness i am not left wid too much of time....
i dont even know how will i able to get my project ready on time...?
so kiran wat ideas have you got in your mind?
if you can......just mail me on my email id rather than on the forum...it wud be more convenient plz.... gaurav_excuseme@rediffmail.com
hey kiran also do let me know when shd i contact ya on phone....

kiran rght now iam still not really aware of wot am i gonna make.....as of now ive heard from some fellow students that there is a project available in the market in which we use 4-5 tags for different employees in a firm...
and using RFID we alloe them access in the office i.e. a door opens and there in time as well as out time r available on the computer screen...

ive come to know only this much for now.....ive not visited that vendor since i want to make this project on my own.....also the cost is high...its around 5000 bucks....

hoping ill get some help from ya people
thanx
gaurav

Need help for rfid project

Dear Sir,

My name is Hari i am mailing from Louisiana. I am working on my Master project on RFID for my degree.

Could you able to help for designing the project.

I am planning to work on a Project to Design implement RFID in keeping track of children in a kindergarten. For the project I am using an RFID transmitter and receiver module long with a GSM modem.

Simply put, RFID transmitters will be attached to children in a kindergarten within the range of a receiver. The status of the children’s whereabouts will be updated real – time every 3 seconds in an interface on a computer. If the RFID transmitter is out of range, an SMS will be sent to the parent alerting of their kinds disappearance.

If i could test the whole thing using one receiver and multiple transmitters along with the interface, i think it is going to work. Now aiming to increase the range of the receiver by using multiple receivers and implement a zone system, so I can also alter the shape of the coverage area to conform to the kindergarten grounds (just stick with the 8m receiver).

If say, I try to have five zones, would I able to implement the system using the existing transmitters and receivers? Right now I can think of having all five receivers connected to the same computer through cables (which would be inconvenient and limiting the placements of the receivers, and a burden to the computer).

Could any one please help me to design & implement this using wireless connection? Or perhaps make a master RFID receiver that can relay back all the other receivers’ signals back to the computer? Or may be another similar system that does the same job?

Looking forward for your reply.

Thank you

Hari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back