Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any project ideas...??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faranoid

hey guys!

i am new to this forum and i wanted you guys if you have idea regarding a project involving digital logic design?

I am in 4th semester of my EE and i have to do a semester project
i would just need some idea, as i cannot find anything unique yet simple

kindly help me out

you can try wireless transmittion of electricity

umm not to sound disrespectful n all but that may be out of my reach there mate!

lol anyways, i was looking something that would be more related to logic gates n all
please dont suggest any lock systems, looking for something better than it

You could use TTL/CMOS logic ICs to recreate an every day logic system, such as a washing machine or vending machine. Make a simple car alarm system. Or you could create a barcode reader using shift registers and AND gates to unlock a door or somthing similar. Another good project could be a digital clock, without using a 7 segment decoder and instead using discrete logic. All of these are hugely in-efficient and could easily be implimented in a microcontroller, but if your after demonstrating logic these are good examples to use.

*EDIT*

A while ago I made a single digit clock using only 4518s, 4081s, 4071s, 4017s, a 4096 and a 4511! I'm quite proud of it even though it uses 16 ICs when you can do exactly the same job with a PIC!

Last edited:
oh thanks

this was really helpful!
atleast you've given me some direction

my instructor won't even bother explaining how and what to make
all i needed was something for reference as to what i can make

so thanks =)

I wish to vote for the clothes washer timer project. Somebody posted a request for that circuit a few weeks ago and I would be interested in building it.

When I went back to school for my degree, in my middling years in the early '90's yet, I took on a project for a physics class at your stage, of writing a program in Fortran displaying the characteristics of resonance in RLC networks with a stone age GUI. It not only applied to that subject, but was directly transferable to my upper division EE classes down the road.

Always think ahead, and to what may come further. Do the hard work earlier, and what follows may become intuitive to some degree. You don't need to do something like this, but don't get complacent believing you have plenty of time to catch-up with what lies ahead.

Good Luck with your studies!

hey guys!

i am new to this forum and i wanted you guys if you have idea regarding a project involving digital logic design?

I am in 4th semester of my EE and i have to do a semester project
i would just need some idea, as i cannot find anything unique yet simple

kindly help me out

I am working on electric car powering unit. it requires up to hundreds amperes of power upto 360 volts.
car motor.png

see the attachment. if you want it then i'll give you the link to photobucket. see if you could do that.

@MRCecil
thanks, it's an awesome advice

but i suppose i can't be doing this
because our system sucks!

i am currently studying in Pakistan, at National University of Science and Technology (National University of Sciences & Technology). And the system is pretty poor. I am doing good in terms of my gpa n all and i do want to learn, and i wanted to try n make something orignal (even if its simple) using digital logic

so thats why i posted it here so i may get some ideas

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back