Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

any information about LCD from old HP laser printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph Papier

Hello

if ever some of you have taken parts from old equipments, maybe you can help me...

i've extracted the LCD block from an old HP laser printer that standed in the trash... it is a LCD board mounted on a small motherboard with 8 push buttons, 7 LEDs, 2 ICs (schmidt trigger inverters), a connector to the printer's main board, and a bunch of R and C.

the only things i can see are PC-PJ310 and MHE47794V-O (on the LCD board) and RH6-3146 and EDM-CPK7G00C 5420S A02 (on the other side of the LCD board). the LCD board is connected to the button board by 14 bridges.

Any idea how i could figure out what LCD it is, so that i can pilot it?

Thanx a lot in advance,

joPap

Joseph Papier said:
Hello

if ever some of you have taken parts from old equipments, maybe you can help me...

i've extracted the LCD block from an old HP laser printer that standed in the trash... it is a LCD board mounted on a small motherboard with 8 push buttons, 7 LEDs, 2 ICs (schmidt trigger inverters), a connector to the printer's main board, and a bunch of R and C.

the only things i can see are PC-PJ310 and MHE47794V-O (on the LCD board) and RH6-3146 and EDM-CPK7G00C 5420S A02 (on the other side of the LCD board). the LCD board is connected to the button board by 14 bridges.

Any idea how i could figure out what LCD it is, so that i can pilot it?

Thanx a lot in advance,

joPap
It seems like the LCD is Hitachi standard, so I would just take it out and use it separately .

thank you!
i've showed it to a friend (who must on this forum too, i guess) who told me the same thing.

i think i'll keep it on its board though, because it's quite well made:
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

i would like to interface it with a computer, i thought of using a PIC for the 14 lines to the LCD, the 7 LEDs, and the 8 buttons, and a RS232 serial port to the computer. does it seem ok?

thanx a lot for your quick answer!

Joseph Papier said:
thank you!
i've showed it to a friend (who must on this forum too, i guess) who told me the same thing.

i think i'll keep it on its board though, because it's quite well made:
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

i would like to interface it with a computer, i thought of using a PIC for the 14 lines to the LCD, the 7 LEDs, and the 8 buttons, and a RS232 serial port to the computer. does it seem ok?

thanx a lot for your quick answer!
It looks pretty well, but it is gonna be hard to figure out how to interface it... But when you do, it will look professional (I mean the final Project). Interfacing this module to PIC won't be hard, if you know how to controll it..

I wouldn't waste my time figuring out a board wich only holds such simple things like LED's & switches. All things you can do easely yourself.

keeping the board won't be a problem: the connector under it is nearly directly connected to the LCD and other things.

my friend gave me these 2 links which might be enough for me to undertand it all:
http://home.iae.nl/users/pouweha/lcd/lcd0.shtml#hd44780
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Circuit/8882/lcd/index.html

the point will be to understand the PIC... but another friend of mine who knows PICs very well wants to make a generic LCD program for PIC, so I'll work with him.

thanx for you help, i'll post again here as i progress.

Joseph Papier said:
keeping the board won't be a problem: the connector under it is nearly directly connected to the LCD and other things.

my friend gave me these 2 links which might be enough for me to undertand it all:
http://home.iae.nl/users/pouweha/lcd/lcd0.shtml#hd44780
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Circuit/8882/lcd/index.html

the point will be to understand the PIC... but another friend of mine who knows PICs very well wants to make a generic LCD program for PIC, so I'll work with him.

thanx for you help, i'll post again here as i progress.

Check my tutorials, they have reliable proven LCD routines.

sorry wrong post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back