Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any ideas...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a way to solder SMD components, so I googled it and come up with this article: **broken link removed**. I liked the Hot plate reflowing, but was wondering if someone has an idea of how to reflow components on a double sided PCB in a cheap way like the hot plate.

I would reflow the more populated side or the one with the finest pitch device and then hand solder the other.

Heck, I'd probably hand solder both sides.

The problem with my PCBs are that the pads are also used as vias. I was trying to avoid this by using solder paste, but that might only be for SMT components. Maybe someone know where to find cheap plating equipment and how to do it.

I'm not sure I understand the problem. Why would reflow make a difference from hand soldering?

Using pads as vias mean, that I need to solder on the same side as the component which can be hard and the component might break. Therefore some solder paste would make it a lot easier. But the plating would make this past.

I'm don't want to use a lot of hours on PCB designing on computer, but just autoroute the netlist from the circuit I made and the make the PCB. Otherwise I should go through all pads and move an make a via next to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back