Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any Ideas on this implementation

Status
Not open for further replies.

chingB

Hi,

I don't know if this is possible but I need this kind of implementation on my circuit.

Say, I have a signal with a 2uS pulse width for high and 4uS for low pulse but I need to increase the pulse width from 2uS to 20uS (high) and from 4uS to 40uS (low). The duty cycle is 50/50.

Anybody has any ideas on how I can make this box/circuit in such a way it will change the pulse width as explain above.

thank u.

chingB said:
Hi,

I don't know if this is possible but I need this kind of implementation on my circuit.

Say, I have a signal with a 2uS pulse width for high and 4uS for low pulse but I need to increase the pulse width from 2uS to 20uS (high) and from 4uS to 40uS (low). The duty cycle is 50/50.

Anybody has any ideas on how I can make this box/circuit in such a way it will change the pulse width as explain above.

thank u.
The way you've defined input and output, the duty cycles are 1/3, not 50%. Perhaps you could explain it a different way.

the duty is about 1/3. Duty cycle is dependant on the high time and the low time.

It is 1/3 because 20/60 (60 = 40 + 20) = 1/3.

You can make a 2-transistor astable multivibrator. Check out:

www.play-hookey.com/digital/ experiments/rtl_astable.html

It shows you how to make one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back