Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any Idea which school is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guen_max

Hey i'm graduating soon...and I also plan to do post graduate studies in Australia (I have relatives there)...I'm a computer engineering student, I do hope you have ideas which uni is better...Monash University or University of Technology-Sydney...Thanks!!!

guen_max said:
Hey i'm graduating soon...and I also plan to do post graduate studies in Australia (I have relatives there)...I'm a computer engineering student, I do hope you have ideas which uni is better...Monash University or University of Technology-Sydney...Thanks!!!

No idea, but have you tried comparing their entry requirements?, generally the better one will have a higher entry requirement.

I like faculty salaries and size of the library in volumes as institutional metrics.

Don't forget to make sure they have plenty of women at this school! Trust me, I went to a school with 5 men for every woman, and it will drive you crazy....that is if you like women.

Yeah...I'm going crazy right now...It's winter too so it's not so easy to wander from the engineering corner of campus over to the nursing/pharmacy building for my breaks.

haha

hey the # of women does not really count 4 me coz I'm a woman myself...5men to 1woman? where'd u go to school??I would love the attention, hehe :p

p.s. you would love it at my school coz women are like 60% of the population :D

All you gotta do is take Chem in my school, Practically 95% of the class are chicks... Sad thing is, Over 80% of them are taken, so your chances of actually scoring with one of those chicks has dropped from 50% to practically nothing...

As opposed to electrical or mechanical engineering where 10% of the class is girls and 100% of them are taken?

dknguyen said:
As opposed to electrical or mechanical engineering where 10% of the class is girls and 100% of them are taken?

You botched the numbers. 70% are taken and no one will touch the other 30% even with a 20ft pole!

phalanx said:
You botched the numbers. 70% are taken and no one will touch the other 30% even with a 20ft pole!

You botched the numbers too!

70% are taken, of that, 35% don't care that they're taken.

The other 30% will require you to ingest large amounts of alcohol to consider them as a usable portion of the population.

To answer an earlier question, I went to Michigan Technological University...a good school for raging alcoholics and snow cows.

ei my cousin's from farmington,michigan...she kinda said looking for job there is not that good considering the economy...is that really true?

guen_max said:
ei my cousin's from farmington,michigan...she kinda said looking for job there is not that good considering the economy...is that really true?

Yes and No. The economy in Farmington Hills (I'm assuming that's where she's from) may not be so great depending on your field. That is on the East side of the state and I'm on the West side. Here the economy for engineering is OK, but on the East side the automotive market is the big employer and I believe they aren't doing so well. However, Toyota is building a large engineering facility/plant over there and that should make an impact.

In general, I think the economy in Michigan isn't all that great. But, like anything, it's what you make of it. I went out after I graduated a year ago and got the job I wanted within 2.5 months. However, I graduated with some people who are still looking for jobs.

I've been thinking of moving to Boston since that seems to be a hot-spot for Engineering jobs these days....anybody heard?

yup she's from farmington...soon we'll be graduating as computer engineers and she told me job opportunities there right now are not that good...good 4 u, u only have to wait for 2.5 months...I'm heading to Australia myself, you think it's better if I take my Master's degree first?

A little experience never hurt anybody. I would say go and get a job and then they might even pay for your Masters degree. I know that's easier said than done, but you just have to push for the job you want and work extremely hard on your resume/cover letters.

good luck!

Both universities have a very good reputation - I studied chemistry at UTS - It just depends if you prefer to live in Sydney or Melbourne.

okay, so getting back to the question asked, [deviating from the "women" posts], u need to be sure where u want to live.. both Syd and MElb are expensive places, but going by the rankings, Monash is better.. it also features in the Group of 8 universities in Australia.. so take your pick.. :eek:)

Well it would be most practical for me to live at Sydney since I have an aunt who lives there, she won't mind if I stay with her actually...hehe.Yeah I really do want to be at Monash but it's in Victoria right?And I think it's more expensive...but from what I found out UTS is also in the Group of 8, I think!

And just one more question, which part of Australia would most likely have lots of computer eng'g job opportunities?thanks

Divs said:
[deviating from the "women" posts]
What do you mean? We weren't talking about women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back