Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any idea how this magic trick is done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tubaiste4b

I got shown this by someone who thinks it's real. I have a feeling it isn't, but I'm not sure exactly how it works. Can anyone see something I'm missing that shows how it's done? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s pretty cool, I think it’s real although I’m not sure exactly how they do it. Something to do with the photo for sure, though

.... Something to do with the photo for sure, though

I'd guess it has something to do with the photo too, otherwise she wouldn't be subject to having keep looking at it throughout the week.....

IIRC, there was a study done into subliminal messaging in the UK around the mid 1980's, during certain cinema screenings. Shortly before the interval, frames showing popcorn were quickly displayed between the normal film frames and the number of poeple buying popcorn increased, versus those watching films without the inserted frames.

The hit TV series, The Young Ones, even had an experimental go although they made it quite obvious....anyone with a VCR could plainly see the bird-in-flight frames which briefly flicked up on a normal screen... what the intention was, I have no idea, but most of the kids at school were buzzing about it.

There were even suggestions of subliminal back-masking floating around at that time, where popular records (remember them.....vinyl LP's) were played backwards and devil-worship messages were purportedly heard. This claim was mainly aimed at the rock and metal groups, because they didn't fit in with 'normal society' views at the time and their regular lyrics aready pushed boundaries....

How many impressionable kids had the technical capacity and even the patience to sift though all of their LP's in reverse, at that time?

EDIT: Play some of the recent pop/rock/rap/soul/whatever tracks backwards and I'm sure you'll hear something which sounds strange/offensive....whether it sounds any more offensive than some of the rap stuff played normally, I'll leave up to you to decide...

Last edited:
It's not the photo, it's the text in the envelope, WITH the photo. He's studied psychology and memory and knows what tends to be linked to what, the first part of the 'after the week' interview was a cold reading session. Notice the look on his face of clear relief when he knew that he'd locked onto what could be linked from what she said. The time itself was one of a thousand things he'd focused on to link to what she would remember when he strongly mentioned the image and a few things about it.

Pictures are worth a thousand words, he probably had at least 100 other scenarios in mind, no magic.

Last edited:
What's really weird is that the first 3 posters joined the forum just to post on this thread.

Mike.

What's really weird is that the first 3 posters joined the forum just to post on this thread.

Mike.

How true, and they are trying to implant the number 4 in our heads... :)

Mike... You're trying to explain a joke... That's a failure from the start!

The number 4 in the user names. Subliminal mind control...lol It was a joke.

Mind control can not work on me....I have my protective tinfoil helmet array on.
Xenu orders me to block out .... Uurgh!
I have to sleep now guys.....it's past 2AM.

If this is real, the trick is explained at the end of the video. The lady aleady had a subliminal time in her mind that she associated with the picture, and that time was shown on a clock in the picture backgrown ( not clearly shown in the video ) It's not magic, but an example of subliminal messaging.

I'm not even sure if it was 'subliminal' BrownOut. Considering she knew she was being recorded on a TV show or at least something that would be later broadcast in some form it seems to me more like a peer pressure response to give the right answer with a lot of hints nearby.

Can anyone help?

Since the start of the second meeting the video looks rather dark in my monitor.

atferrari, whagt are you talking about, this is you first post in this thread.

atferrari, whagt are you talking about, this is you first post in this thread.

You are right. It is my first post.

I am talking about the video: when they meet again, that is, the second time, the video, in my PC, becomes rather dark.

Can anyone help on that?

You are right. It is my first post.

I am talking about the video: when they meet again, that is, the second time, the video, in my PC, becomes rather dark.

Can anyone help on that?

It's unlikely that anyone can help with that. That's just the way it was shot. That part of the video is also grainier, which probably means that it was shot at a higher ISO (not sure if that term applies to video but the concept is the same) which is typically grainier at the same shutter speed. Just turn up the brightness on your monitor for that part of the video if it's bugging you.

I know a guy that looks a little bit like him.
They are no good. They are out to do mental damage.
The guy in the video looks like he is a normal guy but
since I know what he is about I find him repulsive.
He is dressed in black but he disgraces it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back