Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

any idea for this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faisal_arr

hi, everybody
I hv vry ltl experiance in electronics but ,,,

well i am looking that can i make a flourcent tube light ( which is normally used in homes) work by a 12v car battry....
I think it is possible but no idea,,,

but same thime I have a feeling ... reallly a foool idea

any suggestions please

It's not a fool idea unless you're trying to bling out your car using T12 lamps <G> Why not take a simpler approach, use a 12volt DC to 120V AC inverter and hook that up to a standard florescent lamp ballast? The modified sine wave output to the florescant ballast still won't be very good for it, but it'll be better than a standard homebrew circuit, and if you don't know much about electronics you should NEVER try to build a circuit just casue you think it's novel or interesting. Work your way up from basics before you try a complicated project that has issues that you know nothing about.

Thare's nothing wrong with that idea but it's probably cheaper and certainly more efficient to use an off the shelf 12V luminare but make sure you get a good quality one, there're lots of cheap and nasty ones around.

Yes, until Ofcom track me down and fine me.

I thought they were supposed to be incharge of regulating communications.

I suppose you could always build yourself a pirate radio transmitter and see how long it takes for you to get gripped.

Hero999 said:
I thought they were supposed to be incharge of regulating communications.

'Regulating' (supposedly) yes, but 'enforcement', I don't really know?. I've had no recent experience with anything in that line - years ago you used to be able to report interference and the Post Office came out and investigated free. In later years you had to fill a form in and send it off with payment to get it investigated - but I've seen nothing about it for years.

I suppose you could always build yourself a pirate radio transmitter and see how long it takes for you to get gripped.

I know people who have - and who got caught - one multiple times, but not at all recently.

Mike said:
"gripped"? Is that UK slang?
Yes, it means getting caught doing something wrong, perhaps it's a local or modern thing, I don't know.

It is INCREDIBLY difficult to get a wireless agency to come after you. You have to jam a lot of primary users to even get them to notice, and that's only going to happen if you're putting out a decent amount of power and have a lot of bad harmonics, or are doing it intentionally.

Sceadwian said:
It is INCREDIBLY difficult to get a wireless agency to come after you. You have to jam a lot of primary users to even get them to notice, and that's only going to happen if you're putting out a decent amount of power and have a lot of bad harmonics, or are doing it intentionally.

This post would be of more value if you had your location filled in!, as it is we've no idea what country you might be in - and it is obviously VERY specific to your particular country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back